City Clerk FAQ

No answers matched your search
City Clerk FAQ
How can I obtain a certified copy of a Vital Record? [Marriage, Birth or Death?

In the State of New Jersey, Vital Records are retained in the Municipality where the event occurred. In order to obtain the record, an Application must be completed and ID is required. The fee is $10.00 per copy.

Download the form below:

Birth, Marriage, Death Certificate Request
Married & Civic Union Information

When are council meetings and when is the Agenda available?

Council Meeting and Workshop dates are adopted by Resolution at the beginning of the year. Date changes are routine and a current list is always available in the Clerk’s office. Agendas are generally available on Monday afternoon prior to a Thursday Regular Meeting.

To have an agenda e-mailed to you, sign up for the City’s e-Mail Alert system. Click here to sign up.

How can I obtain a copy of an Ordinance, Resolution or other City Records?

The New Jersey State Open Public Records Act (OPRA) provides that most government records are available to the public, however, the request must be in writing and there is an associated cost: 1-20 pages – no charge; 21 tor more pages - $0.05.  Data supplied on Compact Disk: 1-4 CDs - no charge; 5 or more CDs - $0.25; Preprinted/publiched documents: City's Cost for Blue Print Copies (persheet) $1.00; DVD's (video of Council meetings) $3.00.  Documents available in electronic format when supplied as an e-mail attachment - no charge

Download the form here:
Open Public Records Act Request Form

Where are the Ocean City Polling Places?

Click here for a list of Ocean City Polling Places (June 2021)

How can I purchase Division of Fish and Wildlife licenses?

The purchase of hunting, fishing, crabbing & shellfish licenses recently became an electronic transaction and all licenses are available in the Office of the City Clerk. To purchase a license, adults must provide driver license number, conservation number (for previous license holders only) social security number. Minors must provide social security number.

What are the City Council Meeting Standing Rules?

In addition to Citizen Comment during the Second Reading and Public Hearing on proposed City ordinances and in addition to Citizen Comment during the public hearing on proposed resolutions (non-consent), your City Council has opted to include Citizen Comment as a portion of the Regular City Council Meeting. Citizen Comment is offered during the first half-hour of the meeting and again at the close of the meeting. Residents shall be given approximately 5 minutes to share their thoughts.  The first 30 minutes is a courtesy to accommodate citizens that do not want to wait until the end of the meeting or until the public hearing on an ordinance or non-consent resolution.  If a citizen speaks during this time, permission will not be granted to speak again on the same issue or at the end of the meeting. 

Upon recognition by the Chair, speakers shall come to the podium and give their name and address for the record.  All persons are expected to engage in respectful and orderly discourse.  Persons entering into personal, impertinent, or slanderous discourse or persons who become boisterous or unruly during the discussion, shall, at the discretion of the Chair or at the objection of City Council members, forfeit their remaining time to address City Council.

Statements to the City Council or the Administration should be addressed through the Chair.  A reply to a statement or a question should not be the impetus for debate. Concerns that cannot be addressed immediately will be referred to the departments listed below.

Although your City Council requests residents to respectfully acknowledge the Standing Rules of the regular Council meeting, with the consent of the majority of City Council, deviation from the Standing Rules may be permitted.

The names, addresses and home telephone numbers of city council representatives are available in the city clerk&squot;s office for any resident who wishes to contact a member of city council outside the purview of the city council meeting.

What are the Ward boundaries?

1st Ward – Longport bridge to north side of 4thStreet

2nd Ward – south side of 4thStreet to north side of 12thStreet

3rd Ward – south side of 12thStreet to north side of 26thStreet

4th Ward – south side of 26thStreet to 59thStreet

What are the name, address and telephone numbers of the Council members?

Click here for Council Contact Information

How soon before an election must I register to be eligible to vote in that election?

A voter must register to vote at least 29 days prior to an election.

When are Ocean City Elections?

Ocean City Municipal Elections. 2nd Tuesday in May, in even years. Elections alternate between voting for At-Large Council and Ward Council.

How do I obtain a Marriage License?

Download both of the following forms for guidance:
Getting Married in Ocean City

How do I license my dog?

New Jersey State law requires that all dogs must be licensed. All dogs 6 months or older, or having a permanent set of teeth must be licensed. A current rabies certificate must be provided as well as proof of spay/neuter. The cost is $10.00 for all dogs that are not spayed/neutered and $7.00 for those that are.

ALL dog licenses are renewable in January. Renewal notices are sent the first week of the new year and licenses may be renewed by mail utilizing the renewal notice. Any licenses not renewed by March 31, will incur a $4.00 late fee.
A Free Rabies Clinic is offered in the month of January.

General Information
Phone Numbers
Emergencies: Dial 911
861 Asbury Avenue
Ocean City,