The Department of Community Services provides services, programs, and activities for the residents, visitors, and businesses in Ocean City. The department also maintains the recreation and leisure facilities throughout the city, which include the Civic Center, Community Center, Music Pier, and many more facilities throughout town. The Community Services Department is comprised of the following divisions:
- Aquatic and Fitness Center
- Responsible for the operations at the Aquatic and Fitness Center, pool operations, group exercise classes, and more.
- Division Contact, Lisa Rumer, LRumer@OCNJ.us, 609-525-9317
- Music Pier Operations
- Responsible for the daily operations of the Music Pier for special events, POPs Concerts, and a plethora of other events for the Ocean City community.
- Division Contact, Michael Dress, MDress@OCNJ.us, 609-525-9295
- Neighborhood and Social Services
- Responsible for assisting residents in times of need and offers services, information, and assistance with outside agencies.
- Division Contact, Samantha Kurtz-Seif, SKurtz-Seif@ocnj.us, 609-525-9288
- Public Relations & Information
- Responsible for disseminating regular communication to all media resources and keeping the public informed through Information Centers and Tourism along with planning special events and activities.
- Division Contact, Doug Bergen, DBergen@OCNJ.us, 609-525-9286
- Recreation Programs
- Responsible for planning and executing recreation and leisure programs for adults and children of all ages across various skill sets.
- Division Contact, Kristie Fenton, KFenton@OCNJ.us, 609-525-9304