- 34th Street Bridge: Cape May County is working on the final resurfacing of the bridge. The project remains on schedule to be complete by May 1.
- Fourth Ward Drainage Project: Paving of the avenues (Simpson and Haven) is expected to begin Wednesday. The numbered streets will follow and should be complete by Memorial Day. Paving of alleys and activation of pumping stations will continue into the summer.
- North End Drainage Project: Crews are working to replace the drainage system on Second Street and will move next to Fourth Street. This project will extend into the 2018-2019 off-season.
- Bay Avenue: Detours will be in effect mid-week near the Ocean City Municipal Airport as the Cape May County Municipal Utilities Authority restores the roadway after a sewer main repair.
- Wesley Avenue and Waterway Road: On Saturday (April 21), South Jersey Gas work will require detours on the 2200, 2500 and 3500 blocks of Wesley Avenue and on Waterway Road between Bay Avenue and Bayland Drive. Each block should be detoured for only two to three hours, and not all blocks will be closed at once.
- East Atlantic Boulevard, North Street and First Street: Paving in this area will begin on Monday and is expected to be complete by May 17.
- Wesley Road and Wesley Avenue: Repaving of the stretch between Battersea Road and First Street is awaiting South Jersey Gas work but will be complete by the end of May.
- 34th Street: Utility company upgrades are complete and road will be repaved before Memorial Day.
- 46th Street and 47th Street: We expect work to begin the week of April 30 on emergency repair work to the sanitary sewer system from West Avenue to Asbury Avenue and on the 4600 block of the West/Asbury alley.
Welcome to The City of Ocean City, New Jersey!
Ocean City is a town rich in history and a deep sense of community. Families have been vacationing in Ocean City for generations and many have made Ocean City their year round home.
Our residents enjoy award winning schools, world-class recreation facilities and outstanding municipal services from all City Departments including Police and Fire. Residents participate in activities for every age and interest including the cultural arts, music and theatre as well as sports and recreation programs available at our many parks, playgrounds and City facilities.
The City also maintains and operates a Municipal Airport, twelve-hole golf course, Aquatic and Fitness Center as well as the famed Ocean City Pops Orchestra.
Ocean City is also host to over 200 family friendly special events held year round. Many of our events are popular family traditions including the Night in Venice Boat Parade in July, our exciting Indian Summer Weekend in October featuring the mile long block party and fireworks, and our family friendly New Year’s Eve Celebration, First Night.
If you are vacationing in Ocean City, I know you’ll enjoy our seven miles of beautiful beaches and exciting boardwalk lined with shops, restaurants and amusements. And be sure to visit our unique and charming downtown shops and restaurants located in the heart of town on Asbury Avenue.
I am truly proud to serve as Mayor for this great community and hope you and your family enjoy your time in America’s Greatest Family Resort.
Jay Gillian, Mayor