Ocean City provides free email notifications on any or all of the following topics:
- City Council Agendas: Agendas and supporting documentation are sent at least 48 hours in advance of each new meeting.
- Emergency Alerts and Information: See further explanation below.
- Ocean City News: Updates of general interest, including the weekly Mayor's Update.
- Planning and Zoning Board Agendas: Including relevant applications and documentation.
- Project Updates: Progress reports on major infrastructure projects.
- Tax Reminders and Information: Notifications on tax payment deadlines, which are particularly useful for owners whose payments are not made from escrow accounts.
- What's Happening: Updates on Ocean City events.
- Boards and Commissions Agendas: For boards outside of City Council, Planning and Zoning.
To sign up for these notifications, please visit our NEWSLETTER SIGNUP PAGE.
As a courtesy to residents and property owners, Ocean City provides emergency notifications to help protect public safety. For flooding and weather events, the type of notification depends on the type of National Weather Service notice.
- Advisory: An advisory is issued when a hazardous weather or hydrologic event is occurring, imminent or likely. Advisories are for less serious conditions than warnings, that cause significant inconvenience and if caution is not exercised, could lead to situations that may threaten life or property. For NWS Advisories, Ocean City sends an email notification. See Newsletter Signup Page above and check the "Emergency Alerts and Information" box. The same information is posted to this website and to government access Channel 97 on Comcast television systems.
- Watch: A watch is used when the risk of a hazardous weather or hydrologic event has increased significantly, but its occurrence, location or timing is still uncertain. It is intended to provide enough lead time so those who need to set their plans in motion can do so. A watch means that hazardous weather is possible. People should have a plan of action in case a storm threatens and they should listen for later information and possible warnings especially when planning travel or outdoor activities. For NWS Watches, Ocean City sends an email notification. See Newsletter Signup Page above and check the "Emergency Alerts and Information" box. The same information is posted to this website and to government access Channel 97 on Comcast television systems.
- Warning: A warning is issued when a hazardous weather or hydrologic event is occurring, imminent or likely. A warning means weather conditions pose a threat to life or property. People in the path of the storm need to take protective action. To sign up to receive National Weather Service "Warnings" via home telephone, mobile device, text message or email, please visit our CodeRED ENROLLMENT PAGE.
The Ocean City Office of Emergency Management urges everybody to sign up for both our NEWSLETTER and CodeRED alerts.