113TH ANNUAL OCEAN CITY BABY PARADE
Thursday, August 10, 2023 – 10:30 a.m.
Please review the below guidelines before filling out the official entry form.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
PARADE ROUTE – 6th Street to 12th Street on the Boardwalk! All cars, special guests, floats and musical acts will continue to 14th Street.
MAIN REVIEWING STAND – At the Music Pier, Moorlyn Terrace and the Boardwalk
AWARDS – Participation trophies will be given out at the end of the parade route with specialty awards and overall awards being announced after the parade. You must walk the entire parade route to receive your participation trophy and to be considered for a specialty/overall award. Parade trophies will be given out at 12th Street.
RULES AND JUDGING
- Check in begins at 9:15 a.m.
- There is a $5.00 entry fee per child, with a limit of 6 children per entry.
- Please check in at the Sports and Civic Center, located at 6th Street and the Boardwalk by 10:00 a.m. Division A and B will form inside the Civic Center and Division C will form outside the Civic Center. Division D (floats) will form on the Boardwalk at 5th Street. Judging will take place as each entry passes the main reviewing stand.
- Adults accompanying entry must be properly attired and may be costumed.
- The distribution or throwing of articles such as candy, etc. is strictly prohibited.
- Each entrant must be characteristically named with a title or theme. (Example: Miss Rosebud)
- All division registrations are final – Divisions cannot be changed after registering.
- The committee reserves the right to reject or reassign any entry.
- NO PETS PERMITTED.
- All entry numbers will be distributed at registration at the Civic Center starting at 9:15 a.m. on Thursday, August 10. No numbers will be distributed prior to registration.
- Awards will be announced at 11:45 a.m. at 12th Street & Boardwalk and over the boardwalk PA system. The awards will be available in the Information Center of the Ocean City Music Pier between 8th and 9th Streets after 12 p.m. on parade day.
NOTE: In the event of heavy rain, entries in Division A, B & C should still report to the Civic Center where judging will take place. The parade will not proceed down the Boardwalk. Keep in mind, your entry must fit into the Civic Center to be judged!
ENTRANTS – A child must be ten years of age or under to compete in A, B or C.
DIVISION A – Children in FANCY (formal, extravagant, traditional, etc.) Decorated Strollers, Coaches, Kiddie Cars, Express Wagons etc. or walking:
Section 1: Up to Two Years
Section 2: Two Years Up to Six Years
Section 3: Age Six Up to Ten Years
NOTE: In Division A, if there is more than one child in a wagon, coach, etc., the entry will be placed in the section of the oldest child.
DIVISION B – Children in COMIC (fun, silly, pop culture, etc.) Decorated Strollers, Coaches, Kiddie Cars, Express Wagons etc. or walking. Up to 10 years.
Section 4: Up to Two Years
Section 5: Two Years Up to Six Years
Section 6: Age Six Up to Ten Years
NOTE: In Division B, if there is more than one child in a wagon, coach, etc., the entry will be placed in the section of the oldest child.
DIVISION C – SMALL CHILDREN’S FLOATS. All vehicles including Express Cars, Express Wagons and Baby Carriages, with tops or sides built or added measuring more than 3x5 feet.
DIVISION D – Floats/cars/walking groups/bands entered by hotels, businesses, organizations, etc.
Please enter boardwalk via 5th Street ramp by 9:45 a.m. A representative will direct your entry to the staging area. If you need to put your float together on the boardwalk, please make sure there is no debris or trash left behind. Floats are judged on the parade route. Music is encouraged! Throwing candy or objects is strictly prohibited. Want to participate in this division? Email JJuliano@ocnj.us or click HERE to download the registration form. Participants in Division D will travel to 14th Street and exit via the ramp. There is no entry fee to participate in this division.
Mark Soifer Award
Leo Bamberger Founders Award
Outstanding Twins or Triplets
Baby coming the greatest distance in North America
Best FloatBest Musical Act