Halloween House Decorating Contest
- The deadline to register your house is 4pm on October 24, 2023
- Judging will take place the evenings of October 25th and 26th between the hours of 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Judges will be looking at the decorations only and their overall creativity, special effects, lighting, theme, etc.
- Awards will be announced for the following categories: Most Spooktacular, Most Lights, Best Use of Technology and Mayor's Choice. Each winner will receive Gift Certificates to Downtown OCNJ and a yard sign.
- A First Place winner will be announced in the Ocean City Business Division. The first place winner will receive a free membership to the Ocean City Chamber of Commerce or if they are already members they will receive free email blasts.
- An overall best decorated house entry for Ocean City will be named. This grand prize winner will receive a $100 Gift Certificate for Downtown OCNJ and prize package from Ocean City, NJ and the Ocean City Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Decorations cannot cover/interfere with any fire safety equipment or walkways.
- Please keep decorations spooky but appropriate for American’s Greatest Family Resort.
- Decorations/Display must be viewable from the street.
- Individual floor owners of Triplexes/Duplexes may partner together or each floor can do their entry.
- Entries cannot be made up of multiple neighbor structures or homes.
- All participating houses will be listed at www.ocnj.us/halloweencontest so residents and visitors can tour the island and view the entries.
- Winners will be announced by Noon on Friday, October 27th via www.ocnj.us and social media.
- City representatives will drop off yard signs for winners to display on their property.
- Participants give permission for their home to be photographed and their address to be listed on Ocean City, NJ social media outlets and official websites.
- Participants agree to hold harmless the City of Ocean City for any incidents or accidents that may occur, directly or indirectly, as a result of the Halloween House Decorating Contest.
- Participants understand that the decision of the judges is final.
- Questions? Please contact the Community Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-399-6111