Realtors Announce 9th Annual Winter Food Drive
|Date:||January 31, 2019|
The Ocean City Board of Realtors is pleased to announce it will continue its 2019 Community Service Projects with the Food Is Love drive to collect food, including canned items, juice, microwaveable meals and more. Donations will be collected now through February 28, 2019 and will be used to “Share Some Love” during this Valentine month.
The Food Is Love, Share Some Love winter food drive will collect non-perishable food items, laundry and dish detergent, as well as ShopRite gift cards, which will be donated to the Ecumenical Food Cupboard to provide for local needy families and senior citizens. Donations can be dropped off at the office of the Ocean City Board of REALTORS, 405 22nd Street, or call the office at 609-399-0128 for pickup service.
Here is a brief list of some of the items that the Food Cupboard has identified as in need of:
- Microwaveable Items: Hormel meals, rice and cup of soup
- Canned meats (tuna, corn beef hash, Spam, Dinty Moore stew, etc)
- Canned vegetables, cans of soup, cans of pork and beans
- Canned ravioli, Spaghetti O’s, Rice
- Cereal and individual packets of dry milk
- Jelly, Peanut Butter, Juice
- Jello/pudding mix, Crackers
- Liquid laundry detergent (48oz), Dish detergent, Paper towels, Toilet Paper
- Shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste
- Shop Rite gift cards
“Post holidays, the cupboard needs to be replenished, we encourage our REALTOR® family, friends and neighbors to donate items for the Ecumenical Food Cupboard that will “Share Some Love” this winter for families in need” said Gloria Votta, Chair Community Services Committee, Ocean City Board of REALTORS.
For more information, please contact Vicki Heebner at 609-399-0128 or Vicki@ocbor.com.
-- News release from the Ocean City Board of Realtors