OCEAN CITY CHRISTMAS PARADE
6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7, 2018
COME WATCH THE PARADE AT 6 P.M. FRIDAY, DEC. 7. THE ROUTE IS ALONG DOWNTOWN ASBURY AVENUE. IT STARTS AT SIXTH STREET AND ENDS AT 11TH STREET.
REGISTRATION FOR PARADE PARTICIPANTS IS NOW CLOSED.
INFORMATION FOR PARADE PARTICIPANTS
Your lineup information (including unit #, time of arrival and maps) will be emailed to you by December 3, 2018.
SPECIAL UNITS CONSIST OF: Clowns, dance groups, cheer squads, musical groups, drill teams, antique vehicles, classic cars, pageant titleholders, business floats, etc.
All special units must be in place by 5:15 PM on Friday, December 7
1. Vans, Trailers, Go Carts, ATV’s, etc. and equipment trucks are not permitted unless they are needed for the success of the group. Please be sure you include your need for the vehicles.
2. No objects of any kind (including candy and autographs) may be thrown to Parade spectators. If you wish to give out candy, we ask that you walk along and hand deliver to spectators.
3. Entries must not stop forward motion in order to perform. Those doing so may result in being removed from the lineup. You are to keep the proper 50 feet interval between units at all times.
4. We are encouraging everyone really embraces the spirit of the season by decorating, adding music and illuminating your special act.
5. All vehicle drivers must have a valid license, vehicle registration and insurance.
6. The use of alcohol by Parade participants before or during the Parade is strictly prohibited. Smoking is not permitted along the parade route! Those doing so will be asked to leave the Parade.
7. Music, costuming and the overall look should be appropriate for a family audience.
Schedule (subject to change)
Parade day: Friday, December 7, 2018
Report time is 5:15 PM
Line up on Asbury Avenue by reporting to the intersection of 5th Street and Asbury
Parade steps off at 6:00 PM
Parade route travels Asbury Avenue 6th Street to 11th Street.