2019 OFFICIAL BEACH TAG INFORMATION
Seasonal beach tags for 2019 are on sale now.
For additional information, call 609-399-6111, ext. 9377.
Seasonal tags are available at the following locations:
- City Hall (861 Asbury Ave.) - Mon-Fri 9-6; Sat-Sun, 10-4
- Rt. 52 Welcome Center - Mon-Fri 9-4; Sat 9-4; Sun 9-2 (winter hours)
- Henry Knight Building (12th Street and Haven Ave.) - Mon-Fri 9-4 (no holidays)
- Aquatic & Fitness Center (17th Street and Simpson Ave.) - Mon-Fri 5 am-9; Sat 7-6; Sun 9-6
- 46th Street Welcome Center (4500 block of West Avenue) - Mon-Fri 9-4
- Music Pier Welcome Center (Boardwalk between 8th Street and 9th Street) - Sat-Sun 9:30-4:30
Beach Tags are required for all beachgoers ages 12 and older and will be in effect from June 1 through Sept. 2 in 2019. Seasonal tags cost $20 through May 31, 2019. Remember, only seasonal tags are available for purchase online. Weekly ($10), daily ($5) and military (free) tags will be available at a later date.
Note: Due to the early start of the beach season, tags need to be purchased (if ordering by mail order or online) no later than May 13 to assure delivery by season’s start.
Military Tags: Free seasonal tags are available to veterans and active military members starting April 3, 2019. Remember to have proper military identification to receive your free tag(s). Veterans receive free tags (veteran only). Active military members, spouses and immediate children up to age 23 also are eligible to receive free tags.
The veteran/military tags are available at: City Hall and the Route 52 Welcome Center (both open 7 days), the 46th Street Welcome Center (open M–F) and the Music Pier Welcome Center (open weekends). For active: active military member, spouse – both with current military ID and immediate children (up to age 23). For veteran: veteran only with current veteran ID.
Note: Unlike other veteran benefits, a beach tag does not transfer to a surviving spouse. All new recipients will be required to complete and sign a tracking form. Anyone who has received a military / veteran tag in the past needs only to show a driver’s license. The spouse and children of a deployed service member can receive their tags; they just need to show proper ID. However, they CANNOT pick up a tag for their deployed spouse.
Why Beach Tags?
Beach tags are required in most municipalities along the New Jersey coastline. They are a user fee to help offset the local municipalities cost of maintaining their beaches and providing lifeguards and other services such as trash removal, beach cleaning and the purchase of needed equipment and police protection. The cost of these items and all of the other beach benefits are supported by this user fee known as the beach tag. The beach fee program was approved by the residents of Ocean City in 1976 and continued since that time to help offset all the costs associated with the beach.
- No refunds or exchanges of beach tags under any circumstances.
- The City of Ocean City is not responsible for misplaced lost, stolen or forgotten beach tags
- Caution: Beach tags may come off bathing suits if worn in the ocean.
- Please be advised to display a counterfeit or forged beach tags is a third degree crime and offenders will be prosecuted.