2018 OFFICIAL BEACH TAG INFORMATION
For additional information, call 609-399-6111, ext. 9377.
Seasonal tags are available at the following locations:
- City Hall (9th and Asbury), Mon-Fri, 8:45 am to 4:30 pm; Sat-Sun 10-4
- Rt. 52 Welcome Center, Mon-Fri, 9-4:30; Sat 9-4; Sun 9-2
- Henry Knight Building (12th and Haven), Mon-Fri, 9-4
- 34th Street (at Simpson Avenue), Sat 9-4, Sun 9-2
- 46th Street Welcome Center (46th and West) daily 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Music Pier (Moorlyn Terr & Boardwalk) daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (with extended weekend hours)
- Aquatic & Fitness Ctr (17th and Simpson), Mon-Fri 5 am-9 pm; Sat 7-6; Sun 9-6 (no holidays)
Beach Tags are required for all beachgoers ages 12 and older and are in effect from June 2, 2018 through September 3, 2018. Seasonal tags cost $20 through May 31st. Remember, only seasonal tags are available for purchase online. Weekly ($10) and daily ($5) tags are available during the season.
Military tags are available at City Hall, the Welcome Center on the Causeway, the 46th Street Welcome Center and the Music Pier Info Center. Remember to have proper military identification to receive your free tag(s). Veterans receive free tags (veteran only). Active military members, spouses and immediate children up to age 23 receive free tags.
Anyone looking to purchase more than 50 tags at once needs to come to the City Hall (9th and Asbury) location ONLY! Must give at least 24 hours notice – call Robin at 609-525-9377 to place your order.
Why Beach Tags?
Beach tags are required in most municipalities along the New Jersey coastline. They are a user fee to help offset the local municipalities cost of maintaining their beaches and providing lifeguards and other services such as trash removal, beach cleaning and the purchase of needed equipment and police protection. The cost of these items and all of the other beach benefits are supported by this user fee known as the beach tag. The beach fee program was approved by the residents of Ocean City in 1976 and continued since that time to help offset all the costs associated with the beach.
- No refunds or exchanges of beach tags under any circumstances.
- The City of Ocean City is not responsible for misplaced lost, stolen or forgotten beach tags
- Caution: Beach tags may come off bathing suits if worn in the ocean.
- Please be advised to display a counterfeit or forged beach tags is a third degree crime and offenders will be prosecuted.