2020 OFFICIAL BEACH TAG INFORMATION
CLICK HERE TO PRINT 2020 MAIL ORDER FORM
For additional information, call 609-399-6111, ext. 9377.
Purchase beach tags in-person at the following locations:
- City Hall: At the reception desk. Hours are 8:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday; and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and holidays (including Memorial Day).
- Music Pier/Box Office Window: Purchase from the window. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday; and 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
- Route 52 Causeway Welcome Center: Purchase from the window. Hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday; and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Henry Knight Building: Purchase from the lobby. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- 34th Street Information Center: Hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Please remember to follow social distancing guidelines when purchasing beach tags. Stay 6 feet apart in line, wear a face covering, and wash or sanitize your hands after the transaction.
Beach Tags are required for all beachgoers ages 12 and older and will be in effect from June 6 through Sept. 7 in 2020. Seasonal tags cost $20 if purchased by June 30, 2020. Only seasonal tags are available for purchase if using online or mail-order options. Weekly daily and military beach tags will be available at a later date.
Military Tags: Free seasonal tags are available to veterans and active military members. Remember to have proper military identification to receive your free tag(s). Veterans receive free tags (veteran only). Active military members, spouses and immediate children up to age 23 also are eligible to receive free tags.
The veteran/military tags are available at: City Hall, the Route 52 Welcome Center, and the Music Pier Welcome Center (see hours above). For active: active military member, spouse – both with current military ID and immediate children (up to age 23). For veteran: veteran only with current veteran ID.
Note: Unlike other veteran benefits, a beach tag does not transfer to a surviving spouse. All new recipients will be required to complete and sign a tracking form. Anyone who has received a military / veteran tag in the past needs only to show a driver’s license. The spouse and children of a deployed service member can receive their tags; they just need to show proper ID. However, they CANNOT pick up a tag for their deployed spouse.
Why Beach Tags?
Beach tags are required in most municipalities along the New Jersey coastline. They are a user fee to help offset the local municipalities cost of maintaining their beaches and providing lifeguards and other services such as trash removal, beach cleaning and the purchase of needed equipment and police protection. The cost of these items and all of the other beach benefits are supported by this user fee known as the beach tag. The beach fee program was approved by the residents of Ocean City in 1976 and continued since that time to help offset all the costs associated with the beach.
- No refunds or exchanges of beach tags under any circumstances.
- The City of Ocean City is not responsible for misplaced lost, stolen or forgotten beach tags
- Caution: Beach tags may come off bathing suits if worn in the ocean.
- Please be advised: To display a counterfeit or forged beach tags is a third-degree crime and offenders will be prosecuted.